Sunday, March 13, 2016

Balance

A man often bought oranges from an old lady. 

After they were weighed, paid for and put in his bag, he would always pick one from his bag, peel it, put a segment in his mouth, complain it is sour and pass on the orange to the seller.

The old lady would put one segment in her mouth and retort, “why it is sweet”, but by then he was gone with his bag.

One day his wife asked, “The oranges have always sweet but then why do you do this to the poor lady every time”.

The Man replied with a smile, “The old mother sells sweet oranges but never eats them herself. This way I get her to eat one, without losing her money.”

The Vegetable seller next to the Old lady saw this and chided, “Mother, Every time this man purchases your oranges, I see that you weigh a few extra for him. Why?

The old lady smiled. “I know that he does this to feed me an orange. Only that he thinks I don’t understand.”

She continued, “I never weigh extra. It’s just that his love tilts the balance a bit in his favor every time”

No comments:

Post a Comment